A Wild Last Boss Appeared - Chapter 149[Updated at: 2021-01-12 22:35:08]
Author: Fire Head (炎頭)
Translator: Hand of Vecna
Editors: TpstT, Keii
The deep sea was a world full of mysteries despite being on the same planet as other places. Not just in Midgard, but even in Sei’s home world where science had progressed much further than in this world, the whole picture had not been fully revealed.
Deep-sea creatures were often different from the types of fish that humans would usually see. They often had strange and unique evolutions. For example, there were fish with transparent heads is a fish recognized for a highly unusual transparent, fluid-filled dome on its head, through which the lenses of its eyes can be seen., jellyfish that glowed seven different colorsMertensia ovum, also called Arctic comb jelly, is weakly bioluminescent in blues and greens, producing a rainbow effect similar to that seen on an oil slick., creatures that looked like spidersSea spiders, also called pycnogonids, are marine arthropods that are found in oceans around the world. There are over 1300 known species, with a leg span ranging from 1 mm (0.04 in) to over 70 cm (2.3 ft). They are not true spiders, or even arachnids., strangely-shaped fishThe pelican eel, also called, is a deep-sea fish whose loosely-hinged mouth can be opened wide enough to swallow a fish much larger than the eel itself. that could open their mouths so wide that their jaws seemed to be broken, and squids with transparent bodiesThe glass squid, also called cranch squid, is a family of squids with about sixty different species. Its common name is derived from the transparent nature of most species..
There was even an organismTardigrades, known colloquially as water bears, are a phylum of water-dwelling eight-legged segmented micro-animals. They are found everywhere, from mountaintops to the deep sea and mud volcanoes. Tardigrades are among the most resilient animals known and are usually about 0.5 mm (0.02 in) long when fully grown. that wouldn’t die at a temperature of absolute zeroAbsolute zero is the lowest limit of the thermodynamic temperature scale. By international agreement, absolute zero is taken as −273.15 °C (or −459.67 °F). or when exposed to radiation that would kill most living things. It could survive without water in a dry state for ten years. It could calmly exist in a vacuum and even survive in outer space.
Visit for full text.
|Image from Light Novel Volume 7.|
Author’s NotesIt’s probably the strongest character who is unrelated to this story. (It has no connection to the Goddess or Ruphas.) Oh well.
Moon: “What did I even do to deserve this…?”
Today’s Bug: Mutant God, ThulhuThulhu (トゥールー) is modeled after Cthulhu (クトゥルフ or クトゥルー), a Great Old One who combined the features of a human, an octopus, and a dragon.
STR (Strength): 6,000
DEX (Dexterity): 2,000
VIT (Vitality): 6,200
INT (Intelligence): 5,800
AGI (Agility): 5,000
MND (Mind): 9,999
LUK (Luck): 2,000
- Mental interference occurs randomly every few seconds. Without resistance, you can’t even fight it in the first place.
- Immune to all conditions except for sleep.
- Immune to instant death effects.
- Immune to mental manipulation.
- HP regeneration 99,999.
- Can make a number of normal attacks equal to the number of its tentacles (currently 120 consecutive attacks)
- Normal attacks have a 90% chance of triggering mental interference. Without countermeasures against mental attacks, you wouldn’t be able to do anything.
- Regeneration increases the number of tentacles.
- Height: 120 meters
- Unique skill: He Waits DreamingHe Waits Dreaming (夢見るままに待ちいたり) is part of a chant associated with Cthulhu cultists: Ph\'nglui mglw\'nafh Cthulhu R\'lyeh wgah\'nagl fhtagn. This line is normally translated into English as: “In his house at R\'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.” The Japanese translation is: “死せるクトゥルー、ルルイエの館にて、夢見るままに待ちいたり.”. (When its HP reaches 0, it falls asleep instead of dying. After a few hundred years, its status will increase further and it will revive.)
- Unique skill:The Call of the Evil GodThe Call of the Evil God (邪神の呼び声) is obviously a reference to The Call of Cthulhu (クトゥルフの呼び声). You can watch a of The Call of Cthulhu by Overly Sarcastic Productions.. (Telepathy on a global scale, eroding and repainting the real world with one’s dreams.)
- IäIä! (いあ!) is a word often used by the cultists of the Cthulhu mythos. The Shadow Over Innsmouth features the phrase: Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Also, The Dunwich Horror features the phrase: Iä! Shub-Niggurath!, which is also invoked by Ainz Ooal Gown in of Overlord III anime.! Iä!
Alovenus: “…Oh, I see. It’s a dream. I should hurry and wake up.”
※ The Goddess wasn’t involved in the birth of this entity.
By the way, Pisces is not an ouroboros, but a magic similar to it. Or perhaps, he is a poor prototype. In other words, he is like Levia, being a mockery of an ouroboros.
Translator\'s NotesWhy isn’t Pisces a fish? 😕
As mentioned in , Astraea is basically modeled after Freedom Gundam. If the description of Astraea M in didn’t seem obvious enough, the detachment of the wings in this chapter should be evident enough that Astraea M is based on .
A WILD LAST BOSS APPEARED!